- There will be no resit examination for EE 213 course.
- Grades are updated.
- You can see your practical midterm papers on 20th of January, between 11:00-12:00
- Make-up for midterms will be on 20th of January, 10:00
- See make-up list for midterms
- Grades are updated.
- You can see your experiment and midterm papers on 16th of January, between 15:00-16:00 in the laboratory.
- Make-up for midterm and practical midterm will be on 20th of January. Students who will attend to make-up should send an e-mail to the course coordinator indicating their excuse until 16th of January, 17:00.
- We noticed one of the analog multimeters in the laboratory is missing since the last project session (December 30, Tuesday Afternoon). You may have taken it unintentionally or for studying but please return it before the official procedure.
- The final report deadline is postponed to 9 January, 17:00. Good luck on finals.
- Project demo schedule is announced and updated.
- We wish you all the best in new year!
- A day before your demonstration, you should send your demonstration video to your assistant as clearly stated in the project document. You should regard this video as a presentation to your assistant and we expect you to always appear in the video together with your presentation material. The video, of course, should be in English and partners should present their design in a collaborative manner, i.e., they shouldn't repeat each other. If the size of your video is so large that you cannot send it via e-mail, you may use WeTransfer or send a Dropbox link.
- Due to the ambiguities in the project document, we decided not to break any points because of unnecessary power consumption and accept designs with PWM signals with sudden duty cycle changes due to gear shifts. You can have a look at evaluation rubric (there may be minor changes). If you get zero from fundamental knowledge part, your project grade will be divided in half.
- Midterm grades are announced.
- For the final version of your project, unnecessary power consumption will slightly lower your grade; however, it will not affect the grade of your pre-reports. Note there shouldn't be any sudden change on the duty cycle of square waves you generated. Evaluation rubric will be available online before the demonstrations so that you can understand what is expected and what will be graded.
- Check grades tab for the grades of first four experiments.
- Please remember that format, grammar and writing style are very important for official documents, and therefore project reports. Check this link (first six pages in the document) for the general rules to obey for formal reports.
- Practical midterms will be this week (December 11-16). Each student will take exam in his own section. There will be 2 sessions for each section (8:40-10:20, 10:30-12:10 for morning groups, 13:40-15:20, 15:30-17:10 for afternoon groups). Partner whose name comes first in alphabetical order is expected to come to the first session, but partners may exchange their sessions. DO NOT BE LATE since late entrance is NOT ALLOWED.
- See make-up list
- Make-up for experiments will be on 6th of December at 14:00. The students who will attend to make-up experiment should send an e-mail to the course coordinator specifying the day and the experiment they missed and their excuse until 5th of December, 12:00. Check make-up policy given in Laboratory Instructions.
- Written midterm will be on 3rd of December at 17:40.
- Tuesday afternoon group of Damla Alptekin will not perform the 8th experiment on 2nd of December.
- Project is announced.
- Friday afternoon groups will start the experiment at 13:00 on 31 October.
- Tuesday afternoon groups will do the third experiment on usual time (13:40 on 28 October Tuesday). Those who have excuse should contact their own assistant.
- You don't have to bring simulation results only for the third experiment. The simulation part is left as an exercise during this week; however, when you come for the fourth experiment, you should bring the results of simulations asked in preliminary work of both third and fourth experiment.
- According to the course regulations, it is mandatory to bring print-outs of the simulation results whenever asked in the preliminary work. Please read LTspice tutorial for further information on simulation software.
- Section list is announced (updated October 22, 16:00). Please check the website frequently for updates. You cannot conduct the experiments if your name is not on the list.
- As announced earlier, you should get add-drop
approvals whatever section you are registered to. However, the section
you must attend will be announced later, and hopefully, all of you will
be assigned to the sections that will not cause any course conflict
according to the forms that you will submit.
EE213 assistants are not responsible for this chaotic situation; on the contrary, we are trying to solve it, please collaborate.
- Since the number of students who must attend to some sections exceeds the
number that the laboratory facilities allow, the sections need to be
Therefore, all students MUST put print-outs of this form and OIBS 61.0 program into the box in front of Basic Electrical Engineering Laboratory (next to the photocopy office) until October 3, 19:00. We will try to keep your sections same as much as possible. However, those who do not submit any form will be assigned to sections randomly.
You have to add EE 213 course for any section using METU registration system; however, you must attend to the section that will be assigned to you after October 7.
- All students whose EE213 section creates course conflict should try changing their sections using METU registration system during add-drop period. Please don't send e-mails if there is available places in the sections that fits to your schedule, make the necessary changes on your own.
- Since sections 1 and 7 are overloaded, all
students officially registered to those sections must
send an e-mail that includes OIBS 61.0 program output to course
coordinator after they get add-drop approval (if
applicable). Please send e-mails before October 7, 23:59 and write
"Section 1" to the subject.
UPDATE: Please discard this and follow the the latest announcements.
- The students registered to sections 7 and 8 (Friday groups) should attend to any other section ONLY for the introduction session due to the public holiday on October 3. The introduction session will take approximately one hour and attendance will be taken. According to the regulations, you will fail the course if you do not attend to two or more experiments without any legal excuse.
- The students whose registered EE 213 section creates
a course conflict should try to change their EE 213 section according to
their weekly schedule during add-drop period. If the students in
this list can
not make necessary changes, they should change their section to 9, which
will be available during add-drop and they should attend to the section
assigned to them on the list.
UPDATE: Section 9 will not be opened, so if your name is on the list, register to any available section and attend to the one that assigned to you.
- Check weekly plan.
- The hours for section 2 was miswritten on OIBS website and will be changed to Monday 13:40-17:30 soon. Please check your schedules and act accordingly.
- The students whose registered EE 213 section creates a course conflict should send an e-mail that includes OIBS 61.0 program output to Beril Besbinar.
- The experiments will begin on 29th of September with an introductory experiment, for which there will be no quiz or preliminary work. Be sure that you read "Laboratory Instructions" (which will be activated soon) before coming. You MUST enter the LAB in your registered section (except the students who contacted the course coordinator).
- For any questions related to EE 213 course, contact Beril Beşbınar.
|Beril Besbinar (Coordinator)||ARC 203||beril(eee)||Wednesday 14:30-15:30|
|Secil Ozdemir||D 217||ozsecil(metu)||Thursday 11:30-12:30|
|Hasan Ihsan Turhan||C 206||hturhan(eee)|
|Ahmet Musab Elbir||E 102||elbir(metu)|
|Elif Saritas||C 206||esaritas(eee)||Wednesday 10:40-11:40|
|Ilker Buzcu||ARC 203||buzcu(metu)||Wednesday 14:30-15:30|
|Feza Mutlu||D firstname.lastname@example.org||Wednesday 15:00-16:00|
|Ece Naz Erdemir|